With temperatures dipping in the winters, and new trees taking root in the spring and summer, the plumbing in your Lafayette home is always under threat. In the worst case scenario, you could find yourself dealing with a burst pipe, one of the more damaging plumbing issues around. At Peterman Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, Inc. we’re here to help. We offer 24-hour service and can arrive at your home quickly, limiting the amount of water damage you may sustain in your home. Whether it’s a frozen pipe repair, or an invasive root, our plumbing contractors have the skills to protect your home.
Save on burst pipe repair services with our coupons and specials.
5 Common Causes of Burst Pipes
Walking into a flooded home is the last thing you want to do as a homeowner, which is why it’s important to know what causes burst pipes in the first place. Five of the most common causes include:
- Frozen Pipes: With Lafayette temperatures taking a plunge in the winter, frozen pipes are a real cause for concern. Any water that is left in your plumbing can freeze, eventually expanding your plumbing to the point of bursting. Frozen pipes can easily be avoided with the help of our qualified plumbers.
- Old Pipes: The plumbing in your home, like anything, has a life expectancy. As the pipes age, they deteriorate, eventually failing altogether, and allowing a water leak. If you find that your water is dirty in any way, or rust colored, your home’s plumbing may be on its last legs.
- Invasive Roots: Any landscaper can tell you it’s never a good idea to plant trees or plants with deep roots, anywhere near your home’s plumbing. As those roots grow and search for water, they’ll find it in your plumbing. Any small crack can easily be an entrance for roots, eventually leading to a burst pipe.
- Severe Clogs: What starts as a slow drain can become a serious strain on your plumbing. Clogs and blockages increase the pressure in your plumbing, eventually leading to a burst pipe issue.
- Construction Damage: If you’re doing work on your home, it’s always a good idea to mark off where your plumbing is. A small excavation project can damage plumbing in your home, and cost you thousands in the long run.
Now that you know some of the causes for a burst pipe, you can avoid them, and protect your home. If you’re still in need of bust pipe repairs, look no further than Peterman Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, Inc.
Still on the fence? Visit our reviews page to see what some of our satisfied customers have to say about our work.
The Peterman Difference
Since our founding in 1986, we’ve dedicated ourselves to providing customers in and around the Lafayette area with the quality service we would want for our own home. At a family owned and operated business, we understand the quality of service we want for our own, which is exactly what we provide our customers. You can always expect:
- 24 Hour Availability
- Upfront Pricing
- Trusted Plumbers
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
With an A+ rating with the BBB and the winner of Angie’s List Super Service Award, we know what it takes to provide quality services. Let our expertise help you protect your home from the damages or burst pipes.