When it comes to residential plumbing, the most common issue we see are clogged drains. Whether your little ones have flushed a whole roll of toilet paper down the toilet, or hair has become an issue in your bathtub, having a drain cleaning company you can rely on is key. At Peterman Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, Inc. we have been serving customers in and around the Lafayette with all their drain cleaning service. We offer upfront pricing and stand behind our work with our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Best of all, for the more serious issues, we’re available 24/7, so you’ll always have the help of a plumbing contractor when you need us most.
Save on your drain cleaning needs with our coupons and specials.
How To Avoid the 5 Most Common Causes of Clogged Drains
At some point, you’ve dealt with a clogged drain. Did you know, however, that using store-bought chemicals can be harmful to your plumbing? The best way to avoid the need for drain cleaning is to avoid this issue altogether. Five of the most common causes of blocked drains include:
- Hair & Soap Scum: Your bathtub or shower have to deal with two very common causes in excess hair and soap buildup. When hair and soap combine, they create a sticky combination that can clog up your drains and your plumbing. Eventually, the blockage will need to be snaked out, to prevent serious issues.
- Old Cooking Grease: After you finish cooking up that bacon, don’t throw the grease down the drain! When grease cools, it hardens, creating a blockage in your plumbing. The more grease, the larger the blockage, and in many instances, it will retain other debris in the stick mess.
- Scale Buildup: Homeowners that are dealing with hard water should be extra aware of the dangers of scale. Similar to a mineral deposit, hardened scale can completely block your plumbing, in some instances even leading to a plumbing emergency.
- Miscellaneous Materials: Whether you have little ones flushing toys down the toilet, or debris run into an outdoor drain, at some point you run the risk of random items finding their way into your drains. The best way to prevent this is by using drain covers and flushing only safe items like toilet paper.
- Tree Roots: This may be a lesser-known culprit of blocked drains, but invasive roots can find their way into your plumbing system, eventually leading to a blocked drain. Although it’s not at the mouth of the drain, these hard to reach plumbing issues can take their toll on your plumbing system.
Our expert plumbers offer quality drain cleaning service. We use a range of safe methods including snakes, and for larger buildup, high pressure water jetting, which can remove even the hardest build-ups from your plumbing.
If you need help choosing your drain cleaning contractors, just visit our reviews page, and let our customers speak for our work.
Your Clogged Drain Company
When you realize you need professional help for your blocked drain issues, you may be faced with tons of different options for drain cleaning contractors. That process can be made much easier when you trust in the Peterman difference. We’ve been serving homeowners in and around Lafayette for over 30 years, and dedicate ourselves to providing the very best drain cleaning solutions.
We are available 24/7 and offer quality services backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Best of all, you never have to worry about hidden fees, because we always provide transparent and upfront pricing so you know exactly what you’ll pay before we even get to work.